Wednesday 9 May 2007

New route!

Today the new 'All Cornwall' timetable was brought out. I picked up one this morning on 34002. I thought it would be the same old times or a couple of minutes changed, but no. I turned to the page 81B is on. At the top of the page was not 81B Plymouth Bretonside-Cremyll it was 81C Plymouth Derriford Hospital-Cremyll. I had to look a few pages back to find 81B which is now Plymouth Bretonside-Polpero the same route as 81A except it is more frequent. There has also been major timetable changes. 81B at the moment is 0740 at Cawasnd Triangle it is now 0730 so gets to Cremyll 7 minutes earlier. This is now the same with all the 81C routes. They are all about 10-15 minutes before. This now means my afternoon 81B is now at 1615 not 1630 so the ferry doesn't get in quick enough and now I have too wait until 1740 for an 81C. But luckily local nearly unknown company A-Line Travel are doing a 0747 in the morning and a 1630 in the afternoon so Jim is our savior. And this is now the same with all the buses; none of them will meet the Cremyll ferry undercutting them every time.

There is also no more 80 services they are only 81s so that mans the 'Tamar Link' branded livery is now wrong. And they have introduced a new service 181 Torpoint-Liskeard.

This now also means my film project is now rubbish as I would have to do the whole route in 10 days.

Why oh why have they done it. All it will do is cause caouse confusion and rebel. 'First transforming travel' but mucking it up as they go.

No comments: