Tuesday 5 June 2007

Cawsand Community bus on the mend




Hello. Sorry I didn't post yesterday. As Luke hijacked my blog again I thought that would be enough.




Today passing Willcocks and Broad's garage in Millbrook I spotted that the Cawsand Community bus was in the garage. It is currently having its MOT and some mechanical part replaced but I don't know what it is.




Just to tell you a little bit about the bus it is a she is a 'Y' reg Mercedes Sprinter with the best 413 turbo diesel engine. Registration Y194 BAF. She can seat 17. She became our community bus at the start of last year when we bought it from Downderry and District Community bus. It had been used daily or near that since new as they used the bus for the school run and trips very often. She is a very good bus compared to the old LDV also pictured but is proving to be very expensive to maintain and run so the charity is finding it difficult to fund it. It is at the moment do as many trips as possible and run as many coffee mornings as possible. I myself preferred the LDV.

No comments: