Saturday 1 September 2007

Another day at Loddiswell




Today I went up to Loddiswell again. Home of most of the WHOTT's preserved bus fleet. The jobs on the Agenda today were first to fit the new fleet number and 'One Man operated bus' signs to Bristol VR 1157. But that was left to Colin. I got the job of polishing up Bristol FLF Lodekka 2019 (824 KRL) to make her ship shape for the WHOTT Westpoint rally which I will come onto in a later blog. This took about three hours to do only the outside though but that includes polishing and watering it down. Then it was to take all the notices off all the buses owned by the WHOTT ready to put the new ones on for the Westpoint Rally. And then to replace some of the seats on First Devon and Cornwall AFJ 749T. For this I got the honour of getting to start her up and reverse her out of the garage. The thrill I got from having 13litres of Gardener Engine at my foot was phenomenal. Then came to replace the seats which took about an hour and a half. Then that was it. I am back there next Saturday with all hands on deck to finish preparing the buses. Can't come the day before the rally but the day of the rally they want me there by 6:30. Might have to ask my Dad for a lift at that time of the morning there being no bus at that time. More to come next week.

No comments: