Sunday 13 September 2009

Snap on Sunday


This weeks Snap on Sunday is from my recent holiday in Hastings! I have yet to do a write up but if I'm honest there isn't much worth talking about, so I may aswell do it here!

Picture is of a Class 171 operated by Southern, this being the main operator. The 171s are the only type that still use the diesel power in the area, as the line is electrified. I had a couple of rides but I couldn't stand much more, the seats are rock hard, along with them seeming fairly unstable, infact I think I prefer the ride on a 142!

Bus wise again there's not really any 'gems' so to speak. Infact Stagecoach operate the very same batch of Leyland Olympians that they do in Devon, these being the N-LPNs! Other than that, a few newer Solos, mostly 08 and 58 reg. And along with some Scania Enviro 400s operating the 'Wave'. Darts are the mainstay of Renown Travel, although they do operate some 10+ Leyland Olympians, none of these are used in daily service.

No comments: