Thursday 4 March 2010

Blogging overview


As you may have noticed I have now added a hit counter to the side of the blog. Of course you may have seen the digital style one that was there previously but that one never gave me any raw statistics and information I could monitor, unless of course I checked and wrote it down myself. But then still I couldn't see where the visitors had come from/what they were looking at and a whole plethora of other things.

Anyway this new 'Sitemeter' has enabled me to have a good look at it all. You may have noticed I have carried on the previous total from 2007 which currently stands just under 19'000. Looking at the statistics from the last day I must admit I was quite shocked to find that I have had 70 direct visits to the site with 98 'page views'. If I'm honest I thought I was only writing for about 10 local enthusiasts so its great to see that so many people are (hopefully) enjoying the blog! Indeed I'll say thanks to the many encouraging comments I have had recently. Of course a big thank you has to be to Graham of Plymothian Transit. Since links to PTOTPA have been published on his site no doubt the amount of readers have increased.

So really what started out as something very casual and was really only done to 'rival' Cor Magazines/Transport Week at the time has grown into something I must admit am quite proud of. Of course I have a long way to go until I'm what I'll describe as 'up with the bigguns' in that I cover very few of the political stories though possibly in the future this may start to happen!

Of course I'm always open to suggestions on ways I can improve the sight and again thanks to all the readers for their support! (In case you don't know, that's me last year at the WNPG rally! With thanks to Louis Rawlings)

No comments: